This notice is to announce the beginning of a minimum 30-day public comment and review period of Dakota County Community Development Agency's (CDA) draft of the Dakota County Consortium's Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 Annual Action Plan and proposed amendment to the Dakota County HOME Investment Partnership (HOME) Program Budget for Program Years 2019 and 2020, and available, if any, program income. The purpose of the public comment period is to receive comments from the general public concerning the proposed housing and community development needs and objectives of Dakota County, and the projected use of FY 2021 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds, HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) funds, Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) funds, and Program Income derived from CDBG and HOME, as well as, the substantial amendment to the HOME budget. A public hearing for the FY 2021 Action Plan is proposed to be scheduled for April 20, 2021.
Following is a summary of the proposed uses for the 2021 CDBG Program ($1,910,573) and Program Income.
- Dakota County: $181,519 for Countywide home improvement loans; $50,000 for septic system repair and replacement; $30,000 for well sealing grants; $4,750 for fair housing implementation; and $231,366 for general grant administration.
- Program Income: Approximately $600,000 in revolving loan funds for home improvement loans.
- Small Cities & Townships –$10,000 to Douglas Township for zoning ordinance updates.
- Apple Valley - $142,298 for home improvement loans; and $19,000 for senior public services.
- Burnsville - $178,076 for home improvement loans; and $53,000 for youth public services.
- Eagan - $182,322 for home improvement loans; and $40,000 for senior and youth public services.
- Farmington - $33,289 for home improvement loans; and $5,000 for senior services.
- Hastings - $76,993 for assessment abatement.
- Inver Grove Heights - $143,978 for home improvement loans.
- Lakeville - $98,838 for home improvement loans; $35,000 for ADA compliance improvements at public buildings; $25,000 for senior transportation; and $20,000 for senior services.
- Mendota Heights - $22,194 for home improvement loans.
- Northfield - $35,840 for home improvement loans; and $29,472 for down-payment assistance.
- Rosemount - $40,783 economic development activities; and $20,000 for home improvement loans.
- South St Paul - $75,735 for home improvement loans.
- West St Paul - $126,120 for home improvement loans.
The following is a summary of the proposed uses for the 2021 ESG ($164,454):
- $26,000 to assist emergency shelter operations.
- $125,370 for rapid re-housing assistance payments and stabilization services.
- $750 for Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) services.
- $12,334 for general administration of the ESG program
The following is a summary of the proposed uses for the 2021 HOME Entitlement ($2,417,681) and Program Income (estimated $859,592.67). The percentage shares are subject to change.
- Dakota County (36.9% Share), $930,263 and $52,598 in Program Income for the following uses:
- Affordable Housing Development: $669,093 in entitlement funds and $29,225 in program income for an affordable housing development at a site to be determined.
- Community Development Housing Organization (CHDO): $133,819 in entitlement funds for an affordable housing development at a site to be determined.
- Administration: $127,351 in entitlement funds and $23,373 in program income for the administration of HOME funded projects and HOME Consortium related responsibilities.
- Anoka County (24.1% Share), $568,094 and $384,494 in Program Income. For detailed uses, please contact Karen Skepper at 763-323-5709 or email@example.com
- Ramsey County (23.0% Share), $542,165 and $370,973 in Program Income. For detailed uses, please contact Max Holdhusen at 651-431-8199 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Washington County (12.5% Share), $294,655 and $48,750 in Program Income. For detailed uses, please contact Angie Shuppert at 651-379-9551 or email@example.com
- City of Woodbury (3.5% Share), $82,504 and $2,778 in Program Income. For detailed uses, please contact Karl Batalden at 651-414-3438 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOME Substantial Amendment Proposed:
The Dakota County CDA is proposing to allocate approximately $50,000 to four single family homes in Dakota County. The addresses are 1065 Gorman Ave, West St Paul, 4940 204th St., Farmington, and 401 Main St., Farmington. The 401 Main St. Farmington property will have two homes constructed on the parcel. When the single-family homes are complete, they will be sold to income qualified home buyers.
Written and/or oral comments may be submitted to the following:
Maggie Dykes, Assistant Director of Community and Economic Development
Dakota County CDA
1228 Town Centre Drive, Eagan, MN 55123
Phone: 651-675-4464. Fax: 651-287-8020.
MN Relay Service: 1-800-627-3529.
This information is also available on the CDA's website at www.dakotacda.org. Written comments will be accepted now through April 18, 2021.