Dakota County proposes updating the list of projects eligible for Transportation Sales and Use Tax funds to reflect transportation system needs and recent changes to transportation revenue sources.
The proposed revisions generally include:
- Eliminating projects and funding commitments that have since been completed.
- Updating total project cost estimates and descriptions where new information is available.
- Adding projects that were identified as needs through recently completed plans or studies.
- Removing regional greenway projects that are proposed to be funded with Transportation Advancement Account (TAA) funds rather than Sales and Use Tax funds.
- Removing transitway operations costs, which will now be funded by the Metropolitan Council due to recent legislative changes.
- Removing transitway capital costs, which may be funded with other sources.
- Removing trunk highway corridor projects that do not include a county highway intersection or interchange component.
The proposed list of eligible projects is available for public review and comment. See the proposed project list.
The Dakota County Board of Commissioners will hold a public hearing at 9 a.m. on Nov. 28, 2023 in the County Boardroom, Dakota County Administration Center, 1590 Highway 55, Hastings. To make comments, please email email@example.com.
Written comments will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on Nov. 24, 2023. Email comments are preferred and can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also mail your comments to:
Dakota County Transportation Department
ATTN: Gina Mitteco
14955 Galaxie Ave.
Apple Valley, MN 55124