Parks & Trails Gathering & Meeting Spaces Programs & Events Activities Reservations & Passes Volunteering

Gathering & Meeting Spaces

Dakota Lodge Catering & Alcohol Policy

Events without alcohol
Events without alcohol may be catered by any licensed caterer or self-catered by the Permit Holder.   

Food and alcohol vendors
Events with alcohol may have separate caterers for food and alcohol. Serving alcohol does require the Permit Holder to hire a licensed caterer for alcohol.  State licensed caterers can be found at Minnesota Department of Public Safety.

Only those caterers with a current CATR type license are eligible to serve alcohol at the Dakota Lodge events.     

Peace officer requirements
Events with alcohol also require hiring a peace officer through the city of West St. Paul Police Department to be onsite the entire time alcohol is consumed.   

Liability insurance required
Liability insurance coverage is required for alcoholic events. This coverage is already included in the rental fee for weddings and weekend events, but must be provided or purchased for weekday or weeknight non-wedding events involving alcohol.                  

Guests may not bring their own alcohol to events at the Dakota Lodge.                  

Last updated: 9/15/2015 5:23 AM