Dakota County updated the
Lake Byllesby Regional Park Master Plan and created a new Natural Resources Management Plan for the park. Goodhue County also updated the master plan for their
Byllesby County Park.
The plans were adopted by the Dakota County Board of Commissioners on Jan. 23, 2018.
The master plan is a guide to park investment with a focus on the next 10 years. The plan addresses:
- Recreational use and activities
- Facilities and investments
- Natural resource protection and restoration
Improvements in the 10-year concept are intended to create a full service park with the goals of:
- Improved access to the Cannon River
- Celebrating Lake Byllesby
- Enhancing regional connections
- Expanded camping to meet current demand
- Natural resource restoration and management
Lake Byllesby Regional Park Master Plan
Lake Byllesby Regional Park Executive Summary
Natural Resource Management Plan
The Natural Resource Management Plan is a technical guide to restoration and management of the park’s natural areas. It includes an existing conditions assessment based on background research and field surveys; goals for each natural resource management area; implementation schedules; and cost estimates. The goal is restoration and/or management of 260 acres (55 percent) of the park’s natural areas over the next five years.