Improvements to Lake Byllesby Campground will provide greater access to natural resources and more remote parts of the park, address facility needs due to growing park use, and make the park more accessible for all visitors.
The project includes:
- An additional 26 campsites, including 11 new water/electric campsites for the 2020 season
- An additional 15 electric-only campsites and 22 improved campsites available in July 2020.
- Enhanced playground and nature play experiences
- An improved beach and water recreation area
- Access to the Cannon River
Fewer campsites available during construction
All existing campsites will be available Wednesday, May 1–Monday, Sept. 2. Construction on the project starts Tuesday, Sept. 3.
- From Tuesday, Sept. 3–Saturday, Oct. 19, only sites 1–17 will be available for rental.
We apologize for the reduced number of campsites and for the impact on the camping experience during the construction. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this project.
We look forward to sharing the improved park and campground experience with all visitors in 2020.