The Affordable Housing Coalition (AHC) of Dakota County is an independent, public/private collaboration that facilitates county-wide planning of homeless services and resources.
If you are experiencing a housing crisis
Please call 651-554-5751 or visit the Housing Services web page.
Housing and Homelessness — Get Involved
The Affordable Housing Coalition needs your help to end homelessness in Dakota County.
The following are some of the ways you can join our efforts:
- Read – Read the Heading Home Dakota Plan to End Homelessness.
- Donate or volunteer – Contact Rebecca Bowers, Dakota Heading Home Coordinator.
- Provide housing – If you are a landlord with an available unit, please contact Kristin Bates, Dakota County Supportive Housing Unit Supervisor, at 651-554-5634.
- Participate – Attend Dakota County Affordable Housing Coalition meetings on the second Thursday of every month, 8:30-10:30 a.m. Please contact Madeline Kastler, Deputy Director, Dakota County Social Services for location information.
The Affordable Housing Coalition serves Dakota County residents and people experiencing homelessness in four capacities:
- A local planning group that advises the Suburban Metro Continuum of Care, which is a regional planning body for Anoka, Dakota, Scott, Carver and Washington counties. Information on this group and meetings can be found on the Suburban Metro Area Continuum of Care website.
- The advisory group for Dakota County's Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program (FHPAP) grant from the State of Minnesota.
- The convener and leadership for Heading Home Dakota, a vision and plan to end homelessness in Dakota County in ten years.
- An advisory group for Dakota County on matters pertaining to homelessness and affordable housing.
Affordable Housing Coalition Bylaws
Heading Home Dakota Plan
Heading Home Dakota Implementation Guide
Questions about the Affordable Housing Coalition may be directed to Madeline Kastler, Deputy Director, Dakota County Social Services.