Dakota County Parks Department established the following rules to help make your visit a safe and pleasant experience.
The dog park is governed by County Ordinance 107 – Park Use and patrolled by the Parks, Lakes and Trails unit of the Dakota County Sheriff's Office.
When using Dakota Woods Dog Park
- Purchase a pass prior to using the dog park. Failure to purchase a pass could result in citation and fine.
- Extend common courtesy to all other users.
- Bring ample water for your dog(s). Please do not leave containers used for water in the park.
Official rules and conditions
1. A permit is required to use the dog park. The permit must be displayed as defined on the permit.
2. Dogs must be under the direct control of the owner/handler at all times – with no exceptions. Dogs must be trained and responsive to voice commands to prevent aggressive behavior, fighting, biting, and excessive barking. Aggressive behavior is not acceptable.
3. Dogs must not be permitted to interfere with other people or dogs, unless permission is granted by each handler for dogs to play together.
4. Dogs must be on a leash prior to entering and upon exiting the fenced dog park area.
5. Cruelty toward any animals is not allowed, including punishing other people’s dogs.
6. Owner/handler must remain in the area with their dogs at all times.
7. Owner/handler must have a leash visible and available for quick use at all times.
8. Owner/handler must clean up their pets waste immediately and dispose of it in a proper manner in a designated waste container using a plastic bag.
9. Dogs must be properly licensed and vaccinated. Dog must display a valid license. Owner/handler must have a certificate of current rabies vaccination for all pets using the area.
10. Dogs under four months of age are not allowed.
11. Dogs in heat are not allowed.
12. No more than two dogs per handler are allowed within the dog park at any given time.
13. Children (under the age of 15) must be closely supervised by parents and should be instructed about proper behavior around dogs.
14. Owners/handlers are liable for damage or injury inflicted by their dogs.
15. Dakota Woods Dog Park is open from 5 am to 10 pm, or as otherwise posted by Dakota County.
16. Food and dog toys are not allowed in the dog park. They can create conflict.
17. Owner/handler and other visitors must abide by all other park rules and Park Ordinance 107.
18. Dogs declared dangerous under Minnesota law or by local community in which the dog park is located are not allowed.
19. Use of firearms is prohibited.