At Dakota County Library, our motto is “Come to Know” — and people did come in great numbers during 2014 to take advantage of the many services, collections and programs that Dakota County Library staff members provide.
Whether you visited one of our library buildings, used our online services and collections, or both, please know that we work hard to make your experience a pleasant and productive one. The Dakota County Board of Commissioners, the Library Advisory Committee and the Library staff invite you to visit soon.
- 405,088 residents served
- 4,690,236 items checked out
- Added 130,888 new physical items to the collection
- Added 6,850 digital titles to the library catalog
- 1,665 OneClick e-audiobook titles
- 5,056 3M e-book titles
- 1,830,334 library visits
- 84,188 users logged in to our public access computers
- 10,703 children and 2,080 teens registered in the Library’s Summer Reading Program
- 108,972 people participated in library sponsored programs and events
- 7,972 volunteered hours
New and noteworthy
- In coordination with Facilities Management, construction was completed for Farmington and Inver Glen libraries.
- e-Resource Central was launched integrating e-books and e-audiobooks into our public catalog Enterprise.
- Dakota County Library strives to provide quality, technology-based services to its users and to embrace technology-based systems that improve staff workflow and ergonomic practices. In 2014, Library improvements included:
- Materials handling systems added at the Farmington and Inver Glen libraries
- Implementation of a new phone renewal system averaging 13,000 outgoing calls/month
- Addition of mobile circulation software that has enabled new outreach opportunities
- 3M e-books available which includes MELSA shared collection
- iPad labs for public training and programs to promote tech literacy
2014 Financial & Staff Summary
County funds $11,239,723
2014 Expenditures (Operating and Capital)
Library materials $2,141,026
2014 Staff Summary
Total librarians 55.48
Total other staff 80.45
Total paid staff 135.93