Summer is here, and we’re kicking things off. Live music, food and fun. A free event welcoming all ages and abilities.
Tuesday, June 21, 4-8 p.m.
Amphitheater, Whitetail Woods Regional Park
The outdoor amphitheater is a large open lawn space with terraced grass seating. Portable chairs, picnic blankets and umbrellas for personal shade are welcome. Tents and staked canopies are not permitted. The area is near picnic grounds and the Empire Lake Picnic Shelter — an open-air shelter with modern restrooms. Wi-Fi is available.
- 4–5 p.m.: Cathy 'n Abel (eclectic blend)
- 5–5:15 p.m. & 6:30–6:40 p.m.: That Nepali Girl (Nepali folk/Indie rock)
- 5:30–6:30 p.m.: Sawyer's Dream (Americana)
- 7–8 p.m.: Duniya Drum & Dance (West African drum and dance)
- Got Rice
- The Cave Café
- D's Kitchen
- Cookie Dough Bliss
- Sweet Clouds Cotton Candy
Free, no ticket or pre-registration required.
Free available onsite. Parking is limited, please arrive early and carpool.
What to bring
Come dressed for the weather. This event is outside. Bring a blanket or chair, bug spray and sunscreen.
Dogs are welcome on a 6-foot leash. They must remain leashed at all times. Owners are required to clean up after their dogs.
The event is light rain or shine. In the event of severe or significantly rainy weather, event staff will determine if the event will be cancelled 2-3 hours before the event start time. Updates, including cancellation notices, will be posted as available on the Dakota County Parks-forever wild Facebook page.
- Wheelchair accessible concrete sidewalks and ramps are available from the accessible parking area to the outdoor amphitheater. Concrete pads connected to the sidewalk allow for accessible seating for scooters, walkers and wheelchairs, so they can enjoy the performance.
- Event staff are available to greet attendees and show them to the accessible seating areas.
- American Sign Language interpreters will be available for those who would appreciate to see the performance lyrics in sign language. Interpretation will be clearly visible from the first few rows. These rows will be reserved for accessible viewing.
- Spanish translation will be available.
Program series sponsored by Dakota County Library and funded by Minnesota Legacy Amendment’s Arts and Cultural
Heritage Fund, in partnership with the Dakota County Public Art Citizen Advisory Committee.