Information Technology provides development, maintenance, administration and support for:
- 125 in-house developed client/server and web-based applications.
- 60 State of Minnesota and third-party vendor applications.
- 26 EDMS modules containing more than 11 million documents serving more than 60 percent of County employees.
Information Technology provides technical support for:
- The County’s local and Wide Area Networks (WAN).
- More than 150 network and application servers and 16 physical servers) using VmWare.
- Setup and maintenance of more than 2,400 personal computers, laptops, virtual desktops and mobile devices.
Network and desktop security.
- Software licensing, upgrades, and patches.
- Data storage, backup and recovery.
Information Technology supports a Data Center with:
- Centralized technology help desk which averages 1,600 calls and service requests per month.
- Operations for an average 15,700 monthly jobs and 79,000 printed forms and reports.
- An IBM z-890 mainframe computer. Over 3,300 telephones (Nortel PBX’s).
1,850 voice mail accounts and unified messaging (Call Pilot).
- Two Storage Area Networks (IBM D-6800 & XioTech ISE with a combined capacity of 112 terabytes).
- Our Commitment to maintain 99.9 percent availability of the County’s servers and networks.
- Disaster recovery and continuity of operations plans for disasters and emergencies.