Children and teens up to age 21 who are enrolled in Medical Assistance or MinnesotaCare can receive well child checkups and screening through Child and Teen Checkups.
Where to get Child and Teen Checkups
- Your doctor or clinic.
- Some local public health agencies also offer checkups. Contact the Dakota County Child Health Clinic at 952-891-7526 for information.
- Complete physical exam
- Information about good physical health
- Information about thoughts, feelings and relationships with others
- Questions and answers about your child's health and development
- Hearing check
- Vision check
- Lab tests
- Checks on growth and development
- Referral to the dentist
- Form completion for Head Start, WIC, school or daycare
When to schedule checkups
- Between birth and 1 month
- At 2, 4, 6, 9, 12,15 and 18 months
- At 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 years
- Every two years after age 6
For more information
Contact Dakota County Child and Teen Checkups by phone at 952-891-7500 or email.