Dakota County updated the
Lake Byllesby Regional Park Master Plan and created a new Natural Resources Management Plan for the park.
The plans were adopted by the Dakota County Board of Commissioners in 2018.
The master plan is a guide to park investment with a focus on the next 10 years. The plan addresses:
- Recreational use and activities
- Facilities and investments
- Natural resource protection and restoration
Improvements in the 10-year concept are intended to create a full service park with the goals of:
- Improved access to the Cannon River
- Celebrating Lake Byllesby
- Enhancing regional connections
- Expanded camping to meet current demand
- Natural resource restoration and management
Lake Byllesby Regional Park Master Plan
Lake Byllesby Regional Park Executive Summary