Libraries Parks

Highway Permits

Special Event Permits

This permit is used for Special Events involving the use of a County highway where one of the following applies:

1. It's a sponsored event
2. A traffic lane, turn lane or shoulder will be closed.
3. Someone would need to direct traffic on a County road.

There is no permit fee, but a certificate of insurance with Dakota County as additionally insured is required.

Before applying for a permit, please click on the following links for required information when filling out an application:
FlaggingHandbook.pdf2007 Flagging Handbook
2007 Field Manual

Apply online
First time applicant
Returning applicant

Apply by mail
Print the SpecialEventPermitApplication.pdfSpecial Event Permit Application, fill it out and mail it to the address at the top of the form.

For more information or to apply for a permit, contact the Right of Way/Permits Manager at 952-891-7115.

Last updated: 1/2/2014 5:49 AM