Public gathering places are intended to be commercial free environments where groups may come together to learn and exchange information and ideas.
Meeting rooms are available to not-for-profit groups, free of charge, at all branch locations. Meeting rooms may not be used by commercial groups or for commercial use.
Meeting room application guidelines
- Library meeting and conference rooms are available “on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs and affiliations of individuals or groups requesting their use,” American Library Association, Library Bill of Rights. Because library meeting rooms are public spaces, all activities and events in the meeting rooms must be open and accessible to the general public.
- In the interest of making meeting rooms available to as many different users as possible, the Library does not accept reservations more than 90 days in advance of desired meeting dates. There is a maximum of two reservations per day and 10 active reservations.
- Meeting rooms are available free of charge to not-for-profit groups. Meeting rooms are not available for commercial groups or commercial use. No money may be collected, except to defray the cost of presenting programs. Social events (e.g. weddings, birthday parties, showers, etc.) are not permitted.
- Library meeting rooms do not carry public performance rights or license. Copyrighted film or video content cannot be shown in a library meeting room without this license.
- Meetings may not disrupt the use of the Library by other users. Persons attending meetings are subject to all Library rules.
- Meeting rooms are only available during the library’s open hours. Meetings must conclude 15 minutes before library closing.
- Each group is responsible for setting up the room and for returning the room to the standard room arrangement. A sign detailing this standard room arrangement is posted at each facility.
- Each group is responsible for any damage to the room or its contents.
- Light refreshments may be served but must be purchased from/prepared by a licensed vendor (e.g. grocery store, bakery); no food may be cooked or prepared on site.
- Meeting rooms may be released for use by another organization if the initial group reserving the meeting space does not arrive within 30 minutes of the initial reservation.