Grab your sled, tube or toboggan and be a kid again on a Dakota County Parks sledding hill. Two sledding hills are machine packed to maintain them as conditions permit. Sledding is only permitted on these sledding hills.
Sledding Hill Status and Conditions
- Lebanon Hills Sledding Hill, Lebanon Hills Regional Park
This small hill is near the Lebanon Hills Visitor Center and is perfect for small children and families. Open daily when conditions permit from sunrise to sunset.
Whitetail Woods Sledding Hill, Whitetail Woods Regional Park
This "big hill" is next to the Empire Lake Picnic Shelter where heated restrooms and a fire pit are available. The hill is lit every night until 10 p.m. Open daily when conditions permit sunrise to 10 p.m. Bring your own firewood.
Firewood restrictions apply.
Sledding hill rules
- Sled at your own risk. Hill is not supervised.
- Sledders are responsible for determining safe conditions.
- Adults are responsible for children.
- Use caution and be considerate of others.
- Makeshift jumps, skis and snowboards are not allowed.
- Sled only in designated areas.
- Exit bottom of the hill promptly.
- Wait for a clear sledding path.
- Walk sleds up the hill outside of snow fence.
- For emergencies, call 911.