The Wild Ride Mountain Bike Festival celebrates the great sport of mountain biking by providing a safe, fun, festive atmosphere where experienced and beginning riders get a chance to ride some of the best mountain bike trails in the state.
This family-friendly festival includes bikes to demonstrate, build-your-skills sessions, gear talks, fix-it clinics, group rides, timed competitive events, kids’ activities, and great food and beer.
For more information, call 651-554-6532.
Date: Saturday, Oct. 3, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Location: West Trailhead, Lebanon Hills Regional Park
Admission: Free. Pre-registration is appreciated and available online or by calling 952-891-7000 during standard business hours. Register now.
Schedule of Events
Wild Ride Skills Clinics by Valley Bike and Ski
- 11 a.m. – Women-only Mountain Bike Skills Clinic, bring your own bike or use one of the demo bikes. Learn correct riding positions and more.
- 1 p.m. – Open to all Mountain Bike Skills Clinic, bring your own bike or use one of the demo bikes. Learn correct riding positions and more.
- 3 p.m. – Repair clinic: On the trail repairs, what to do when your bike breaks on the trail.
Group Rides by Penn Cycle
- 11 a.m. – Beginner men
- Noon – Beginner women
- 1 p.m. – Intermediate men
- 1:30 p.m. – Intermediate women
- 2 p.m. – Advanced men
- 2:30 p.m. – Advanced women
- Ongoing – Strider Bike Adventure Zone by the City of Rapid City, S.D.
- 2 p.m. – Kids Race by Penn Cycle
- 2 p.m. – Adults on Kids Bikes Race by Penn Cycle
Bike Brands onsite for free demos: Specialized, Giant, Felt, KHS and Strider (bring a helmet and driver's license)
Food: Food and beer available to purchase.
Parking: Free onsite. Overflow parking available at the School of Environmental Studies, 12155 Johnny Cake Ridge Road, Apple Valley.
Lodging: Stay overnight at the Lebanon Hills Campground — just across the road, and south about half mile from the event grounds.