Dakota County Parks Department established the following rules to help make your visit a safe and pleasant experience.
The dog park is governed by County Ordinance 107 – Park Use and patrolled by the Parks, Lakes and Trails unit of the Dakota County Sheriff's Office.
When using Dakota Woods Dog Park
- Purchase a pass prior to using the dog park. Failure to purchase a pass could result in citation and fine.
- Extend common courtesy to all other users.
- Bring ample water for your dog(s). Please do not leave containers used for water in the park. Containers left in the park will be removed.
Official rules and conditions
- A permit is required to use the dog park. The permit must be displayed as defined on the permit.
- Dogs must be under the direct control of the owner/handler at all times – with no exceptions. Dogs must be trained and responsive to voice commands to prevent aggressive behavior, fighting, biting, and excessive barking. Aggressive behavior is not acceptable.
- Dogs must not be permitted to interfere with other people or dogs, unless permission is granted by each handler for dogs to play together.
- Dogs must be on a leash prior to entering and upon exiting the fenced dog park area.
- Cruelty toward any animals is not allowed, including punishing other people’s dogs.
- Owner/handler must remain in the area with their dogs at all times.
- Owner/handler must have a leash visible and available for quick use at all times.
- Owner/handler must clean up their pets waste immediately and dispose of it in a proper manner in a designated waste container using a plastic bag.
- Dogs must be properly licensed and vaccinated. Dog must display a valid license. Owner/handler must have a certificate of current rabies vaccination for all pets using the area.
- Dogs under four months of age are not allowed.
- Dogs in heat are not allowed.
- No more than two dogs per handler are allowed within the dog park at any given time.
- Children (under the age of 15) must be closely supervised by parents and should be instructed about proper behavior around dogs.
- Owners/handlers are liable for damage or injury inflicted by their dogs.
- Dakota Woods Dog Park is open from 5 am to 10 pm, or as otherwise posted by Dakota County.
- Food and dog toys are not allowed in the dog park. They can create conflict.
- Owner/handler and other visitors must abide by all other park rules and Park Ordinance 107.
- Dogs declared dangerous under Minnesota law or by local community in which the dog park is located are not allowed.
- Use of firearms is prohibited.