Dakota County Parks established these rules to help make your visit a safe and pleasant experience.
The archery trail is governed by County Ordinance 107 – Park Use and patrolled by the Parks, Lakes and Trails unit of the Dakota County Sheriff's Office.
A pass is required to use the trail for individuals 18 years of age and older. For ages 17 years and younger, no permit is required.
Archers age 15 and younger must be accompanied by an adult pass holder.
A valid pass must be in archer's physical possession while using the trail.
Know all the safety rules of archery before entering the trail.
- Facility is designated for archery use only. Hiking is not permitted on archery trails.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on archery trails.
- Practice good sportsmanship and common sense.
- Broadhead arrows are not allowed.
For practice targets (A–F)
- Maximum of five arrows per round.
- Do not shoot until everyone is behind the shooting line.
- Everyone pulls arrows at the same time.
- Everyone retrieves arrows at the same time.
For field targets (1–28)
- Follow course as signed: 1-14 or 15-28.
- Pull bale stop sign down when retrieving lost arrows.
- Leave bow on bale pegs when stop sign is down.
- Retrieve lost arrows quickly within 75-foot arrow search limit.
- Put up stop sign so others can use target.