Large, individual garden plots are available for seasonal rental adjacent to scenic Schaar’s Bluff at Spring Lake Park Reserve. (Map and driving directions)
Hours: Daily, 8 a.m.–sunset. Parking lot hours: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Garden plot rental season
May 1–Oct. 29
Renting a plot
You must rent a garden plot. Find out more about reserving a garden plot.
- 66 — 20 foot by 30 foot plots
- Two water sources
- 10-foot wide mowed walkways
- Parking is available to permitted gardeners along 127th Street East adjacent to garden plot area.
- Please keep plants out of walkways.
- Only annuals should be planted.
- Water must be carried from the spigot in buckets. Use of wagons and carts is allowed. No hoses.
- Plots must be kept free of weeds. Plots overgrown with weeds will be mowed at the discretion of Dakota County Parks. Gardener will be notified prior to mowing.
- All produce should be harvested and items such as plant stakes, tomato supports, or plastic mulch removed by Oct. 29.
- Plot area will be plowed under in early November.