Large, individual garden plots are available for seasonal rental near scenic Schaar’s Bluff at Spring Lake Park Reserve. (Map and driving directions)
Hours: Daily, 5 a.m.–10 p.m. Parking lot hours: 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Garden plot rental season
May 2–Oct. 31
Renting a plot
You must rent a garden plot. Find out more about reserving a garden plot.
- 66 — 20 foot by 30 foot plots
- Two water sources
- 10-foot wide mowed walkways
- Parking is available to permitted gardeners along 127th Street East next to garden plot area.
- Be courteous to other gardeners.
- Children are welcome but must be under supervision.
- Only annuals should be planted.
- No insecticides or herbicides are allowed.
- Please keep plants out of walkways.
- Water must be carried from the spigot in buckets. Use of wagons and carts are allowed. No hoses.
- Temporary metal fencing is permitted. Fencing must be 3 feet high or less and set up within garden plot area. No plastic fencing is permitted. Garden Plot Fencing Rules
- Plots must be kept free of weeds. Plots overgrown with weeds will be mowed at the discretion of Dakota County Parks. Gardener will be notified prior to mowing.
- Permit holders will be contacted if their plot is not planted by June. If permit holder does not plan to use the permitted area, the garden plot will be reassigned to customers on the waiting list.
- Parking is not permitted on the grass or private property.
- All produce should be harvested and items such as plant stakes, tomato supports, or plastic mulch must be removed by Oct. 31.
- Plot area will be plowed under in early November.