The Dakota County Library is committed to providing maximum access to library resources. For this reason, fines and fees are levied when materials are not available to customers because they are overdue, damaged, lost, etc.
Contact Dakota County Library for information regarding your charges or check your account status and pay charges more than $1 online.
Library materials not returned or renewed by the due date will be assessed daily overdue fines.
|Item||Daily overdue fee||Maximum daily over due fee per item|
|Adult materials, print and audio||30 cents||$16 or cost of item except for paperbacks and magazines which are a maximum of $8.50 or cover price (whichever is lower)|
|Children and teen materials, print and audio||10 cents||$4.25 or cover price (whichever is lower)|
|Blu-Ray and DVDs, adult and children||$1||$16|
|Rental DVD||There is a daily charge of $1 per DVD per day ||$16|
Library service is blocked when unpaid fines/fees reach $25 for adults and $10 for children. Unpaid accounts more than $50 are sent to a collection agency 42 days after the final billing notice is sent. Replacement for lost or damaged items is the cost of the item
- Collection agency fee: $15.75
- Fax transmissions: $1 per page sent
- Library card replacement: $2.25
- Maximum liability for stolen/lost Library card: $100
- Non-resident Library card: $60 (annual fee)
- Photocopies and printing: 15 cents per page; 50 cents per page
- Returned check fee: $30
- Staff-assisted photocopies of official Dakota County Library documents: 25 cents per page