Test Administration Service is unavailable until further notice.
Terms & procedures
Attention students: Please verify that these conditions are acceptable to the institution giving you your test before having an exam sent to a Dakota County Library.
- Students must make arrangements in person or by telephone at least 48 hours in advance and complete the request for test administration form located below. One form is required for each course.
- The Library will administer either written or online exams. Note: Library internet timing software will require that online exams be completed within 1 hour. No special software can be installed to complete this test. A Wi-Fi network is available for students to use with their personal laptop. For online tests, staff enter the test password on a public computer or personal computer, but cannot agree to terms that conflict with Dakota County Library policy.
- If the exam is written, it will be the student's responsibility to arrange for the exam to be delivered to the library and to determine when it has arrived. Untaken exams will be held for 30 days.
- The student will be required to present a picture ID before taking exam.
- Library staff cannot observe/monitor the student during the test.
- At the conclusion of a written exam, Dakota County Library will return the exam directly to the testing institution via U.S. mail only, and not by commercial delivery services, email or fax. Students are responsible for postage costs.
- Library staff will not copy finished exams or hold exams past the date they are taken.
- Staff will not sign a test administration verification that attests to more than the service provided in this policy.
- Test administration is available at Robert Trail Library and Wentworth Library.
For more information on test proctoring, please contact your local library.