Interlibrary Loan allows you to obtain materials currently not available at Dakota County Library branches. It is used for materials published at least 12 months ago.
For new items published within the last 12 months, you may Suggest an Item for Purchase.
Limited Interlibrary Loan services
InterLibrary Loan services are affected and, in some cases, limited by library staffing levels throughout the state. Here are some things you can expect when requesting items:
- There will be a limit of 10 loans per card.
- Items will take longer to arrive.
Requesting items through Interlibrary Loan
An interlibrary loan request can be placed using MNLINK (Minnesota Library Information Network). Follow the steps below:
- Go to the MNLINK website.
- Click Login in the left column to sign in using your library card barcode number and pick up location. When entered, select Login.
- Find the item you want by searching the MNLINK Gateway Catalogs, WorldCat, or other MNLINK databases.
- Click on Get It and Submit your request.
Library users may have up to 15 active interlibrary loan requests at any one time. There are some limits on what may be requested. For assistance using MNLINK, contact the information desk at your local library.
Most requests filled in 30 days
The time it takes to fill a request will vary depending on availability and delivery requirements. You can check the status of your request by logging in to MNLINK and clicking on My Requests. Questions regarding the status of your request may be directed to the Interlibrary Loan department at 651-450-2951.
Checkout times for Interlibrary Loan (ILL) items
All Interlibrary Loan materials can be checked out for three weeks. No renewals are allowed on interlibrary loan items. Questions should be directed to the Interlibrary Loan department at 651-450-2951.