This unique space features all the things found in nature that allow kids to build forts from sticks, climb on rocks and stumps, balance on logs, build water dams and sand sculptures, and to inspire a host of other nature-based activities to stimulate creativity with minimal adult direction. (Driving directions)
Fawn Crossing is for children of all ages.
Hours: Daily, 8 a.m.–10 p.m.
- Fort building area
- Sand play area
- Water pumps and rocky channel
- Balance area with boulders, stumps and logs
- Wooded hollow with interpretive art elements
- Adjacent to the Empire Lake Picnic Shelter
- Build sand sculptures and water dams
- Construct forts with branches, sticks, leaves, vines and bark
- Climb and balance on boulders, stumps and logs
- Explore the magical hollow, hidden nests and surrounding natural area
- Splash in water and mud puddles
- Watch wildlife and find bugs