A peaceful and scenic valley gives way to a large hilltop picnic area that provides sprawling views of the countryside, including the 835-acre Vermillion River Wildlife and Aquatic Management Area to the south and east and Empire Lake to the west.
Hours: Daily, 5 a.m.-10 p.m.
Fees: No entrance fees. Trail use fees for cross-country skiing do apply.
Trail Maps: Summer Winter
- More than 10 miles of summer hiking trails
- More than six miles of ski touring trails
- More than five miles of winter hiking/snowshoe trails
- Fawn Crossing Nature Play area
- Bonfire ring (Firewood Restrictions )
- Picnic area with grills
- Wi-Fi available near shelter and main parking lot
- Sledding hill
- Free parking