Lake Byllesby Beach is a popular spot to relax and have fun on spacious Lake Byllesby Reservoir in Lake Byllesby Regional Park. When closed, wading in the water and sand play is permitted unless otherwise indicated. (Map and driving directions)
Beach hours: Daily, 10 a.m.– 8 p.m., Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.
Bath house hours: Daily, 10 a.m.– 8 p.m., Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.
Fees: No entrance fees.
Algae blooms possible
During the summer, Lake Byllesby Reservoir is subject to algae blooms. They can occur at any time throughout the season and depend of many factors. These algae blooms can contain blue-green algae, which can be harmful to humans and pets.
When the algae is present in the lake, we suggest the following:
- Do not swim, waterski, or tube if the water looks like spilled green paint or pea soup
- Avoid swallowing water and watch small children and pets who may ingest water
- Rinse off with clean water after swimming
- Stay away from areas of scum when boating
For additional information, please visit the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency website.
- Beach is unguarded. Children must be actively supervised by an adult.
- No diving in shallow water.
- Swimming is permitted only within designated buoyed area.
- Alcoholic beverages, fires, fishing, glass containers, grills, inflatable or buoyant rafts/toys and pets are not permitted in beach area.