Nestled along the shores of Lake Byllesby Reservoir, the largest lake in southern Dakota County, Lake Byllesby Campground offers many lakeside campsites and an array of family activities for a fun-filled camping vacation.
Lake Byllesby Campground is located in the scenic Cannon River Valley close to the 26-mile Cannon Valley Trail within Lake Byllesby Regional Park. (Map and driving directions)
7650 Echo Point Road
Cannon Falls, MN 55009
Phone: 651-480-7770 (Campground Office)
Campground office hours
Sunday–Thursday: 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m.–8 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m.–7 p.m.
Campground Map (updated 2020)
Reservations for the 2021 season will open Thursday, March 11, 9 a.m.
2021 camping season (tentative)
Monday, May 3–Saturday, Oct. 16
Camping during COVID-19
We have modified our campground facilities and operations to meet new public health guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic. Protecting the health and safety of visitors and staff are of utmost importance.
Review the Camping During COVID-19 Planning Guide.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- Maximum six people per campsite
- One RV per water/electric backin and water/electric pull-through site.
- One camper (or two tents) per electric only site.
- A tent with RV is permitted on sites #1-17 and #47-83 for an additional $8 (plus tax) per night.
- Lakeside or lakeview sites
- On-site caretakers
- Picnic table
- Fire ring (Firewood restrictions)
- Accessible restrooms with showers
- Camp store – closed until further notice due to COVID-19
- Children’s playground
- Sanitary dump station
- Motorized and non-motorized boat launch
Swimming beach - closed due to improvement project
- Horseshoe pits – closed due to improvement project, available in September
- Picnic shelter
- Handicap accessible site
- Paved lakeside trail with connection to
Mill Towns State Trail and
Cannon Valley Trail
- Water supply to applicable campsites (after Oct. 1, water will be shut off when temperatures are forecast to be below freezing)