Nestled along the shores of Lake Byllesby Reservoir, the largest lake in southern Dakota County, Lake Byllesby Campground offers many lakeside campsites and an array of family activities for a fun-filled camping vacation.
Lake Byllesby Campground is located in the scenic Cannon River Valley close to the 26-mile Cannon Valley Trail within Lake Byllesby Regional Park. (Map and driving directions)
7650 Echo Point Road
Cannon Falls, MN 55009
Phone: 651-480-7770 (Campground Office)
Campground office hours
Sunday–Thursday: 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m.–8 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m.–7 p.m.
Campground Map (updated 2020)
2020 online camping reservations
Online reservations for Lake Byllesby Campground are open.
Make a reservation
Camping during COVID-19
We have modified our campground facilities and operations to meet new public health guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic. Protecting the health and safety of visitors and staff are of utmost importance.
Review the Camping During COVID-19 Planning Guide.
Improvement project continuing at Lake Byllesby Campground in 2020
The Lake Byllesby Campground improvement project will be continuing in 2020. This project will impact the campground opening date and number of campsites available during the 2020 camping season.
Find out more.
2020 camping season
Wednesday, July 1–Saturday, Oct. 17
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- Maximum six people per campsite
- One RV per water/electric backin and water/electric pull-through site.
- One camper (or two tents) per electric only site.
- A tent with RV is permitted on sites #1-17 and #47-83 for an additional $8 (plus tax) per night.
- Lakeside or lakeview sites
- On-site caretakers
- Picnic table
- Fire ring (Firewood restrictions)
- Accessible restrooms with showers
- Camp store – closed until further notice due to COVID-19
- Children’s playground – closed due to improvement project
- Sanitary dump station
- Motorized and non-motorized boat launch
Swimming beach - closed due to improvement project
- Horseshoe pits – closed due to improvement project, available in September
- Picnic shelter
- Handicap accessible site
- Paved lakeside trail with connection to
Mill Towns State Trail and
Cannon Valley Trail
- Water supply to applicable campsites (after Oct. 1, water will be shut off when temperatures are forecast to be below freezing)