Nestled along the shores of Lake Byllesby Reservoir, the largest lake in southern Dakota County, Lake Byllesby Campground offers many lakeside campsites and an array of family activities for a fun-filled camping vacation.
Lake Byllesby Campground is located in the scenic Cannon River Valley close to the 26-mile Cannon Valley Trail within Lake Byllesby Regional Park. (Map and driving directions)
If you have questions, please contact 952-891-7000, weekdays from 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. for assistance.
2015 Camping Season
Wednesday, April 29–Sunday, Oct. 11
2015 Camping Reservations
Online reservations will be available on Monday, April 6 at 9 a.m.
Repairs to Lake Byllesby Dam start in September
The water level in Lake Byllesby will be lowered around Sept. 7, so repairs can be made to Lake Byllesby Dam. The low water levels will impact recreational boating. The boat launch in the park is anticipated to be closed after Sept. 7.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- Maximum six people per campsite
- One RV per site; up to two tents per site
- Lakeside or lakeview sites
- On-site caretakers
- Picnic table
- Fire ring (Firewood restrictions)
- Accessible restrooms with showers
- Camp store
- Children’s playground
- Sanitary dump station
- Boat launch
- Horseshoe pits
- Picnic shelter
- Handicap accessible site
- Water supply to applicable campsites (after Oct. 1, water will be shut off when temperatures are forecast to be below freezing)