Make a computer appointment
Computers are available for individual use by one-hour appointments at all Dakota County Library locations.
Other technology available by appointment
Printers, copiers, scanners and fax machines are also available for 15-minute appointments. Bring a credit card or cash if needed; $5 and $1 bills are accepted. To lessen person-to-person contact, staff members are unable to make change.
To make an appointment
- Call your nearest library location to schedule an appointment.
- Arrive at the library at your appointment time.
- Call the library using your personal phone or the public phone available at library entrances to let library staff know you have arrived for your appointment.
In the interest of public health and safety, we ask that customers:
- Wear a mask while in the library
- Maintain a physical distance of six feet from other individuals
- Stay at home if you have experienced a fever or cold symptoms in the last seven days, been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed or is suspected to have COVID-19, traveled or have been in contact with someone who has traveled via airplane within the last 14 days
Computers and other equipment are sanitized after each use. Members of the public who are unable to wear a face covering or mask due to a health or other condition can call the library to make alternative arrangements for library service that does not involve entrance into a Dakota County building or facility.
Expanded Wi-Fi access
Bring your own laptop or device and use the library's free Wi-Fi to access the internet. Wi-Fi signals have been expanded to cover the parking lots at all Dakota County Library locations.
Our computers have internet access and are loaded with Microsoft Office 2010 (with Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Publisher). Find out what software is installed on Library computers.
Available at all buildings, these computers are dedicated to the library catalog and research tools, such as magazine and newspaper indexes, business databases, consumer information and encyclopedias.