Dakota County's Safety and Mental Health Alternative Response Training (SMART) Center will offer space for law enforcement and other first responders from across the region to access crisis training.
Dakota County received state funding to help construct the 35,000-square-foot facility that is planned to house training space for:
- Minnesota Crisis Intervention Team
- Regional public safety training
- Dakota County Electronic Crimes Unit (ECU), a partnership with 11 police departments
- Dakota County Drug Task Force (DTF), a partnership with 12 police departments
- Dakota County Criminal Justice Network (CJN), which serves more than 40 agencies
- Sheriff's Office Parks, Lakes and Trails Division, which responds to regional response needs
Construction began in June 2020.
For more information, call the Dakota County Sheriff's Office at 651-438-4700.
SMART Center Overview