Libraries Parks

Child Support

Child Support

​The state of Minnesota and Dakota County work with both parents to help children receive the support they deserve.

The Dakota County Child Support Agency and Dakota County Attorney's Office work together to provide a variety of services to make sure that a child receives support, including:

  • Locating parents
  • Collecting and processing payments
  • Changing an existing child support order
  • Enforcing an existing child support order
  • Identifying and verifying sources of income
  • Establishing a court order for child support
  • Establishing paternity

Services do not include:

  • Giving legal advice
  • Commencing a legal separation, dissolution or custody lawsuit.  However, if a lawsuit has been started, support can be established as part of the pending lawsuit.
  • Establishing, modifying or enforcing custody or parenting time visitation
  • Collecting unpaid bills or debts not related to child support obligations

For general questions on child support, call Dakota County at 651-554-5909.

For application questions, call 651-554-5689 or 651-554-5852.

For more information on child support services, go to Minnesota Department of Human Services website.

If services are provided, you will receive a password to access Minnesota Child Support Online. Minnesota Child Support Online provides case status and payment history information.

Last updated: 12/27/2012 9:25 AM