Effective Monday, July 13, the child support and collections unit at the Northern Service Center will be open to accept cash payments for those who have no other options to make their payments. For all other child support and collections questions or needs, we are serving our clients over the phone and virtually, and the building remains closed due to precautions related to COVID-19. Please contact your worker directly or call 651-554-5611 to reach our office as needed.
Child Support and Federal Stimulus Recovery Payment: Child support arrears may be withheld from federal stimulus recovery payments for some clients. For more information. see the
Child Support and Federal Stimulus Frequently Asked Questions.
For general questions on child support, call Dakota County at 651-554-5611.
For application questions, call 651-554-5689 or 651-554-5852.
The Dakota County Child Support Agency and Dakota County Attorney's Office work together to provide a variety of services to make sure that a child receives support, including:
- Locating parents
- Collecting and processing payments
- Changing an existing child support order
- Enforcing an existing child support order
- Identifying and verifying sources of income
- Establishing a court order for child support
- Establishing paternity
Services do not include:
- Giving legal advice
- Commencing a legal separation, dissolution or custody lawsuit. However, if a lawsuit has been started, support can be established as part of the pending lawsuit.
- Establishing, modifying or enforcing custody or parenting time visitation
- Collecting unpaid bills or debts not related to child support obligations
For more information on child support services, go to
Minnesota Department of Human Services website.
If services are provided, you will receive a password to access
Minnesota Child Support Online. Minnesota Child Support Online provides case status and payment history information.