Child support and collections at the Northern Service Center in West. St. Paul are open to accept cash payments and for limited services. Coming into our office without an appointment is not encouraged at this time. Please contact your worker directly or call 651-554-5611 to reach our main phone line. If you have documents to submit, please email them directly to your worker if you know their email address. Otherwise, you can email them to email@example.com or fax them to 651-554-5936.
For information on ways to make payments, frequently asked questions, resources and more, view the Child Support Welcome Packet.
The Dakota County Child Support Agency and Dakota County Attorney's Office work together to provide a variety of services to make sure that a child receives support, including:
- Locating parents
- Collecting and processing payments
- Changing an existing child support order
- Enforcing an existing child support order
- Identifying and verifying sources of income
- Establishing a court order for child support
- Establishing paternity
Services do not include:
- Giving legal advice
- Commencing a legal separation, dissolution or custody lawsuit. However, if a lawsuit has been started, support can be established as part of the pending lawsuit.
- Establishing, modifying or enforcing custody or parenting time visitation
- Collecting unpaid bills or debts not related to child support obligations
For more information on child support services, go to
Minnesota Department of Human Services website.
If services are provided, you will receive a password to access
Minnesota Child Support Online. Minnesota Child Support Online provides case status and payment history information.
If you are interested in receiving text messages about your Dakota County child support case, you can opt in by texting the word
child to 505-229-9999. You will receive an automatically generated message that contains a link to the online permissions form. The participant must open the link and complete the form.
For general questions on child support, call Dakota County at 651-554-5611.
For application questions, call 651-554-5689 or 651-554-5852.