The Dakota County Law Library provides legal information to residents, attorneys, judges, and represented and pro se litigants that is vital to the justice system.
The Law Library uses the latest technology to deliver legal information. We work with organizations to increase access while avoiding costly and ineffective duplication of forms and paperwork.
Law Library locations & hours
- Hastings – inside the Judicial Center, 1560 Highway 55, Hastings, MN 55033.
Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Apple Valley – inside the Galaxie Library, 14955 Galaxie Avenue, Apple Valley, MN 55124. Resources are available all hours the Galaxie Library is open. A law librarian is available Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
- West St. Paul – inside the Court Administration area of the Northern Service Center, 1 Mendota Rd West St. Paul, MN 55118 A legal information specialist will be available on most Thursdays 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Lunch hour and special trainings will be posted. There may be times when you will need to use phone for assistance.
The Law Library will take questions at 651-438-8080 or email email@example.com.
We will be continuing the Family and Consumer Law Clinics via phone consultations. If you need an appointment for a family matter, please call 651-438-8080 or 952-891-7135. If you want to schedule a consumer matter, call 952-431-3200.
ZOOM CLEs are being held on the third Thursday between noon–1 p.m.
Law Library staff
- Cynthia Estebes Rainey, Assistant Law Librarian
- Maggie Meehan, Assistant Law Librarian
- Rob Trousdale, Law Librarian
- Shannon Stoneking, Law Library Manager