Information Technology provides project management; business and data analysis; and software development, maintenance, administration, support and security for:
- 152 in-house developed client/server and web-based applications.
- 109 State of Minnesota and third-party vendor applications.
- 53 ECM modules containing more than 26 million documents in all County departments.
- The County’s intranet, external website and extranets used by business partners.
Information Technology fully supports the County’s infrastructure which includes:
- Primary and secondary data centers with disaster recovery capabilities.
- More than 300 miles of fiber optic networks connecting three major service centers and 23 satellite buildings.
- Voice-over-IP telephones and Unified Communications, including voice mail, voice messaging-to-email, email, desktop video conferencing,and faxing.
- Almost 1,000 databases.
- More than 500 physical and virtual servers.
- 355 Tb of data.
- 2,400+ desktop, laptop and virtual desktop computers.
- Audiovisual and videoconferencing services in more than 25 conference rooms.
- Digital signage in various buildings.
- A centralized IT help desk, which processes almost 2,000 customer calls every month.