Dakota County is responsible for the overall administration of elections held within the county. These duties include:
- Training municipal clerks and election judges in election law, rules and procedures.
- Printing all ballots, programming all automatic tabulating and assistive voting equipment.
- Maintaining all voter registration and voter history records for the county.
- Ensuring all campaign finance requirements are met.
- Reporting all election results to the state of Minnesota.
- Administering absentee ballots.
- Maintaining all election equipment.
For March Township Elections, all polling places will be open from at least 10 a.m.-8 p.m.