Dakota County is responsible for the overall administration of elections held within the county. These duties include:
- Training municipal clerks and election judges in election law, rules and procedures.
- Printing all ballots, programming all automatic tabulating and assistive voting equipment.
- Maintaining all voter registration and voter history records for the county.
- Ensuring all campaign finance requirements are met.
- Reporting all election results to the State of Minnesota.
- Administering absentee ballots.
- Maintaining all election equipment.
Ways to get involved
To get involved in elections and voter outreach, visit
Making your vote count
Dakota County is committed to administering secure, accurate elections. Experienced county staff follow state laws to oversee elections.
Elections Fact Sheet