Social Services continues to provide the majority of services remotely, through phone or video. For the limited situations in which it is not possible for a resident to interact with Social Services via telephone or online, some on-location intake services are available at our Western Service Center in Apple Valley and Northern Service Center in West St. Paul. Please contact your worker directly, or one of the following program areas for assistance:
- 24/7 Crisis Response, 952-891-7171
- Adult Mental Health, 651-554-6424
- Aging and Disability, Services 651-554-6336
- Chemical Health, 651-554-6424
- Child Protection Reporting, 952-891-7459
- Children and Family Services Intake, 952-891-7459
- Housing Crisis Line, 651-554-5751
- Vulnerable Adult Reporting, 1-844-800-1574
Dakota County Social Services investigates reports of child physical abuse, child sexual abuse and child neglect that are believed to be committed by a parent, relative or other household member. The agency also investigates reports of these incidents that are believed to have happened in a Dakota County child care home or foster care program.
Report child abuse
To report suspected child abuse or neglect, call 952-891-7459. If ever a child is in immediate danger, call 911 or your local police or sheriff's department.
Calls during the evening, weekend, or otherwise outside County office hours to report suspected child abuse or neglect should be made to the Dakota County Crisis Response Unit at 952-891-7171.