Libraries Parks

Recording Property Documents

Recording Property Documents

Dakota County maintains the property records (mortgages, liens, deeds, etc.) for all parcels located within the county. Go to the Minnesota Department of Commerce for Minnesota Uniform Conveyance Forms regarding property records. 

Dakota County does not provide assistance in the completion of legal forms, nor does the county assume any liability for persons who attempt to complete legal documentation on their own.

Recording documents in person
You can record documents in person at the Administration Center in Hastings. Offices are open 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Monday–Friday.
Recording documents by mail
You can mail the appropriate fees and documents to:

Dakota County Property Taxation & Records
Attn: Document Recording
1590 Highway 55
Hastings, MN 55033

Please include a cover letter describing the contents, a self-addressed stamped envelope, and either a toll-free telephone number or a telephone number we can call collect if there are problems.

Last updated: 8/16/2016 8:16 AM