For questions about electronic service of documents, please call the County Attorney's Office.
The duties of the County Attorney’s Office include:
- Prosecuting adult felony crimes that occur within the county
- Prosecuting all cases involving juveniles
- Providing assistance to victims and witnesses
- Providing legal counsel to the Dakota County Board of Commissioners and county departments
- Initiating legal actions to protect abused and neglected children and vulnerable adults
- Providing child support enforcement
- Providing crime prevention initiatives
To learn more about the functions of the Dakota County Attorney's Office, see the Your County Attorney at Work brochure.