Information Technology provides project management; business and data analysis; and software development, maintenance, administration, support and security for:
- 125 in-house developed client/server and web-based applications.
- 60 State of Minnesota and third-party vendor applications.
- 26 ECM modules containing more than 26 million documents in all County departments.
- The County’s intranet, external website, and extranets used by business partners.
Information Technology fully supports the County’s infrastructure which includes:
- Primary and secondary data centers with disaster recovery capabilities.
- More than 7,000 miles of fiber optic networks connecting three major service centers and 23 satellite buildings.
- Voice-over-IP telephones and Unified Communications, including voice mail, email, desktop video conferencing, and voicemail-to-email.
- Almost 1,000 databases.
- More than 300 virtual servers using VMWare and 14 physical host servers.
- 120 Tb of data housed across 4 storage area networks (SANs) with multiple layers of data backups.
- 2,400+ virtual and physical desktops and mobile devices.
- A/V and videoconference resources.
- A centralized IT help desk, which processes more than 1,600 customer calls every month.