Most social services are being offered in person, by phone or via video. Use our phone lines below or contact your assigned worker for information or questions. Our staff will assist you in finding information and services to meet your needs. For needs that require in-person assistance, Social Services staff are available at the Northern Service Center in West St. Paul and Western Service Center in Apple Valley from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. When visiting Dakota County buildings and other locations, please follow
Minnesota Department of Health guidance.
- 24/7 Crisis Response, 952-891-7171
- Adult Mental Health, 651-554-6424
- Aging and Disability, Services 651-554-6336
- Chemical Health, 651-554-6424
- Child Protection Reporting, 952-891-7459
- Children and Family Services Intake, 952-891-7459
- Housing Crisis Line, 651-554-5751
- Vulnerable Adult Reporting, 1-844-800-1574
Dakota County Social Services investigates reports of child physical abuse, child sexual abuse and child neglect that are believed to be committed by a parent, relative or other household member. The agency also investigates reports of these incidents that are believed to have happened in a Dakota County child care home or foster care program.
Report child abuse
To report suspected child abuse or neglect, call 952-891-7459. If ever a child is in immediate danger, call 911 or your local police or sheriff's department.
Calls during the evening, weekend, or otherwise outside County office hours to report suspected child abuse or neglect should be made to the Dakota County Crisis Response Unit at 952-891-7171.