Early voting starts Friday, Oct. 20 for local elections being held Nov. 7.
During early voting, also known as direct balloting, voters can request an absentee ballot in person at the county service centers and place their completed ballot in a machine tabulator, similar to the process on Election Day.
Early voting is available at the Dakota County Administration Center in Hastings, the Northern Service Center in West St. Paul and the Western Service Center in Apple Valley. Hours are Monday–Friday from 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
The Nov. 7 elections include:
Four school districts with regularly scheduled general elections:
Five special elections:
- Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan Schools, ISD 196
- West St. Paul-Mendota Heights-Eagan, ISD 197
- Inver Grove Heights Community Schools, ISD 199
- Hastings Public Schools, ISD 200
- City of Apple Valley park bond referendum election
- City of Rosemount special election to fill one vacant council position
- South St. Paul Public Schools special election to fill one vacant board position, Special District 6
- Farmington Area Public Schools levy referendum election, ISD 192
- Lakeville Area Schools levy referendum election, ISD 196
House 52B special election
Voters in Minnesota House District 52B, which includes Mendota and parts of Eagan and Mendota Heights, will fill a legislative vacancy by election this fall. The following are registration and voting dates for that election:
To find out if you have an upcoming election, visit the Minnesota Secretary of State website.
- Oct. 26 — Pre-registration closes for the special primary election
- Nov. 8 — Absentee and early voting begin for the special primary election
- Nov. 16 — Special primary election is held
- Nov. 28 — Pre-registration closes for the special election
- Nov. 27 — Absentee and early voting begin for the special election
- Dec. 5 — Special election for House 52B is held