Dakota County, in cooperation with the cities of Inver Grove Heights and Eagan, will expand County Road 26 (Lone Oak Road/70th Street W.) from a two-lane roadway to a four-lane divided roadway from Highway 55 (Courthouse Boulevard) in Eagan to Highway 3 (South Robert Trail) in Inver Grove Heights.
The project will also reconstruct County Road 63 (Argenta Trail) as a two-lane divided roadway on a new alignment from Amana Trail to the newly constructed 65th Street in Inver Grove Heights. A roundabout will also be built at the intersection of Lone Oak Road/70th Street W. and Argenta Trail as well as additional turn lanes, drainage improvements, curb and gutter, multi-use trails, and an underpass serving the Mendota-Lebanon Greenway system.
August 2021–June 2024
Get email updates
To receive email updates for this project, email Stacy Reilly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “CP 26-54 Update" in the subject line.
Argenta Trail (County Road 63) is closed from Amana Trail to north of 70th Street/Lone Oak Road which will include intersection of Argenta Trail and 70th Street / Lone Oak Road. In addition, 70th Street closure will extend from Arkansas Avenue to south Robert Trail (Highway 3). Residents living in this area will still have access to and from their residences, but may be limited from one direction. Please follow the posted detour.
- Private utility relocation work throughout the project
- Storm sewer installation on 70th Street (County Road 26) east of the new roundabout
- Continue construction of the retaining wall on 72nd Street
- Roadway construction on the north side of County Road 26 west of Lone Oak Drive
- Roadway construction on Argenta Trail (County Road 63) from Amana Trail to the new roundabout
- Argenta Trail from north of 65th Street is tentatively scheduled to be open tomorrow morning