Dakota County will crack seal approximately 64 miles of roadway this year. This work includes cleaning out cracks in the pavement and filling them with sealant. Crack sealing is done to extend the life of the pavement and prevent water from getting into the roadway base. See a 2018 Crack Sealing Map.
Work will occur on the following segments:
- County Road 4 from Highway 52 to Highway 56 in South St. Paul
- County Road 8 from Highway 52 to County Road 14 in South St. Paul
- County Road 9 from County Road 50 to 282 feet north of 194th Street in Lakeville
- County Road 9 from 185th Street to 350 feet east of 183rd Street in Lakeville
- County Road 9 from 350 feet east of 183rd Street to 950 feet east of Hayes Avenue in Lakeville
- County Road 23 from County Road 86 to 3,450 feet south of County Road 70 in Lakeville
- County Road 26 from Highway 3 to Highway 52 in Inver Grove Heights
- County Road 31 from County Road 50 to County Road 64 in Farmington
- County Road 42 from 1,000 feet west of Lock Boulevard to Highway 61 in Hastings
- County Road 50 from County Road 23 to bridge in Farmington
- County Road 73 from County Road 42 to 690 feet north of Bonaire Path in Rosemount
- County Road 85 from County Road 62 to Highway 55 in Nininger Township & Vermillion
- Wentworth Library Parking Lot – West St Paul
Project Timeline: Late May–August 2018. This work will likely take 2–3 weeks to complete.
Temporary lane closures will be necessary to complete this work. A flagging operation will be in place on two-lane roadways. On four-lane roadways, one lane will be closed and traffic will be shifted to the other lane in that direction. Delays are expected. Use alternate routes, if possible.
Schedules are subject to change due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
Any questions or comments concerning this or any highway projects, email Dakota County Transportation Department or phone 952-891-7900.