Dakota County will crack seal about 55 miles of roadway, seal coat and micro-surfacing about 8 miles, and center crack repair (mastic) 2 miles this year.
The crack sealing work includes cleaning out cracks in the pavement and filling them with sealant. The seal coat consists of spreading an application of asphalt emulsion and spreading a coat of small rock chips. Micro-surfacing consists of spraying an asphalt emulsion and letting the product cure.
Crack sealing is done to extend the life of the pavement. Work will occur on the following segments:
- County Road 8 (Wentworth Avenue) – Highway 13 to County Road 63 in West St. Paul
- County Road 8 (Wentworth Avenue) – Crawford Drive to Christensen Avenue in West St. Paul
- County Road 14 (Southview Boulevard) – Highway 62 to Highway 52 in Inver Grove Heights, West St. Paul, South St. Paul
- County Road 14 (Southview Boulevard) – Marie Avenue to Highway 156 in South St. Paul
- County Road 26 (70th Street) – Cahill Avenue to County Road 56 in Inver Grove Heights
- County Road 26 (Lone Oak Road)– Highway 13 to County Road 31 in Eagan
- County Road 28 (80th Street) – Highway 3 to 1,700 feet east of Highway 3 in Inver Grove Heights
- County Road 28 (80th Street) – County Road 73 to County Road 56 in Inver Grove Heights
- County Road 31 (Pilot Knob) – County Road 33 to Dolores Lane in Apple Valley & Eagan
- County Road 32 (Cliff Road) – Interstate 35E to County Road 43 in Eagan
- County Road 32 (Cliff Road) – Highway 3 to County Road 73 in Eagan & Inver Grove Heights
- County Road 46 (160th Street) – Interstate 35 to County Road 23 in Apple Valley, Lakeville and Burnsville
- County Road 63 (Delaware Avenue) – Highway 62 to 470 feet north of Marie Avenue W. in Mendota Heights and West St. Paul
- County Road 73 (Babcock Trail) – Interstate 494 to 1,000 feet north of County Road 14 in Inver Grove Heights and West St. Paul
- County Road 9 (Dodd Boulevard) – County Road 50 to 288 feet north of 197th Street in Lakeville
- County Road 62 (190th Street) – 583 feet west of Riverview Avenue to 781 feet west of County Road 47 in Vermillion and Marshan townships
- County Road 79 – County Road 47 to Highway 50 in Castle Rock Township
- County Road 85 (Goodwin Avenue) – Highway 50 to County Road 62 Hampton and Vermillion townships
Eureka Township Streets
- Upper 240th Street W.
- Holyoke Path
- 243rd Street West
- Iceland Path
- 247th Street West
- Idalia Avenue
- Iberia Avenue
- Jersey Court
Seal Coating & Micro-Surfacing
- Seal Coating County Road 79 from County Road 47 to County Road 66
- Micro-surfacing from Salem Church Road to County Road 66
Center Crack Repair Special (Mastic)
- County Road 32 from 480 feet west of Slater Road to Interstate 35E
Temporary lane closures will be necessary to complete this work. A flagging operation will be in place on two-lane roadways. On four-lane roadways, one lane will be closed and traffic will be shifted to the other lane in that direction. Delays are expected. Use alternate routes, if possible.
Center Crack Seal Repair – County Road 32 from 480 feet west of Slater Road to Interstate 35E. This work will be done at night, please drive with caution.
Schedules are subject to change due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
Any questions or comments concerning this or any highway projects, email Dakota County Transportation Department or phone 952-891-7900.