Dakota County will crack seal about 28 miles of roadway this year. This work includes cleaning out cracks in the pavement and filling them with sealant. Crack sealing is done to extend the life of the pavement. Work will occur on the following segments:
- County Road 9 from County Road 70 to County Road 50
- County Road 31 from Delores Lane to County Road 28
- County Road 31 from County Road 78 to County Road 74
- County Road 43 from County Road 26 to Highway 55
- County Road 62 from 485 feet east of Shady Avenue to Highway 316
- County Road 68 from Highway 316 to East County Line
- County Road 73 from County Road 8 to Annapolis Avenue
- County Road 78 from County Road 23 to County Road 31
- County Road 81 from County Road 62 to County Road 46
- County Road 85 from County Road 46 to Highway 55
- Dakota County Administration Center - North Lot (Hastings)
- Lebanon Hills Regional Park - North Parking Lot (Eagan)
- Whitetail Woods Regional Park - Entrance Road (Empire Township)
- Burnhaven Library - Parking Lot (1101 W. County Road 42, Burnsville)
- Robert Trail Library - Parking Lot (14395 Robert Trail, Rosemount)
- Wescott Library - Parking Lot (1340 Wescott Rd, Eagan)
Project Timeline: Mid-May–August 2019; this work will likely take 2 -3 weeks to complete.
Temporary lane closures will be necessary to complete this work. A flagging operation will be in place on two-lane roadways. On four-lane roadways, one lane will be closed and traffic will be shifted to the other lane in that direction. Delays are expected. Use alternate routes, if possible.
Schedules are subject to change due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
Any questions or comments concerning this or any highway projects, email Dakota County Transportation Department or phone 952-891-7900.