Dakota County will crack seal about 21 miles of roadway this year. This work includes cleaning out cracks in the pavement and filling them with sealant. Crack sealing is done to extend the life of the pavement. Work will occur on the following segments:
- Butler Avenue (County Road 4) – Delaware Avenue (County Road 63) to 553 feet west of Robert Street in West St. Paul
- Southview Boulevard/20th Avenue (County Road 14) – 200 feet east of Highway 52 to 2nd Street/Southview Boulevard in South St. Paul
- Pilot Knob Road (County Road 31) – 150th Street (County Ro. 42) to Diamond Path (County Road 33) in Apple Valley
- Pilot Knob Road (County Road 31) – 190th Street in Farmington to 170th Street in Lakeville
- Diamond Path (County Ro. 33) – 160th Street (County Road 46) in Apple Valley to 150th Street in (County Road 42) in Rosemount
- McAndrews Road (County Road 38) – 523 feet east of Pilot Knob Road (County Road 31) in Apple Valley to 350 feet west of Robert Trail (Highway 3) in Rosemount
- 145th Street (County Road 42) – 0.2 miles east of 145th Street/150th Street intersection to 0.7 miles east of Blaine Avenue (County Road 71) in Rosemount
- Lexington Avenue (County Road 43) – Diffley Road (County Road 30) to 740 feet south of Yankee Doodle Road (County Road 28) in Eagan
- 160th Street (County Road 46) – 1,234 feet east of 160th Street (County Road 48) in Rosemount to Highway 61 in Hastings
- 195th Street (County Road 64) – Flagstaff Avenue to Diamond Path in Farmington
- Holland Lake entrance road – at 1100 Cliff Road, Lebanon Hills Regional Park in Eagan
- Lebanon Hills West Trailhead parking lots – at 4801 Johnny Cake Ridge Road, Lebanon Hills Regional Park in Eagan
- Northern Service Center – south parking lot at 1 Mendota Road W. in West St. Paul
Late-June–early July 2020
Temporary lane closures will be necessary to complete this work. A flagging operation will be in place on two-lane roadways. On four-lane roadways, one lane will be closed and traffic will be shifted to the other lane in that direction. Delays are expected. Use alternate routes, if possible.
Crews have completed work in the northern part of the county and are now working on roads in the central part.
- 160th Street (County Road 46)
- 195th Street (County Road 64)
- Lebanon Hills West Trailhead parking lots
Schedules are subject to change due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances.
Any questions or comments concerning this or any highway projects, email Dakota County Transportation Department or phone 952-891-7900.