Dakota County, the cities of Coates and Rosemount, and Empire Township are partnering on the preliminary design of the 160th Street/Brandel Drive (County Road 46) expansion to 4-lanes from Highway 3 in Rosemount and Empire Township to the Highway 52/County Road 46 interchange in Coates.
160th Street/Brandel Drive (County Road 46) provides an east-west connection between Interstate 35 in Lakeville and Highway 61 in Hastings. County Road 46 is also important to the cities and township as it provides an additional east-west route for truck traffic and access to several industrial businesses, UMORE Park, Vermillion Highlands and other recreation attractions.
The proposed project will:
- Complete a corridor traffic assessment
- Review the Highway 52/County Road 46 interchange operations
- Evaluate possible realignments of Akron Avenue (future county road) and County Road 81 (Clayton Avenue) south of Brandel Drive
- Review pedestrian and bicyclist facilities
- Determine the location for the Vermillion Highlands Greenway underpass crossing
- Draft preliminary plans that include:
- Reconstruction and expansion of 160th Street/Brandel Drive to a divided 4-lane roadway
- Construct turn lanes at all public street intersections
- Intersection control evaluation
Tell us what you think
Let us know what you think of the project by completing a comment card or viewing submitted comments on the interactive map below.
Complete a comment form
Get email updates
Sign up for project emails
Tentative project schedule
Fall 2020: Data collection
Fall 2020: Initial project input (online commenting)
Spring 2021: Public information meeting #1 (concept layout)
Late spring 2021: Preliminary design
Summer 2021: Public information meeting #2 (preliminary design)