Dakota County and the City of Hastings are partnering on a corridor study of 160th Street (County Road 46) from 1,300 feet west of General Sieben Drive to Highway 61.
This corridor provides an east-west connection between Interstate 35 in Lakeville and Highway 61 in Hastings. County Road 46 is also important to the City of Hastings as it provides an additional east-west connection, access to the Vermillion River and nearby parks, and the businesses on Highway 61.
As development continues, the county and city anticipate County Road 46 to continue to serve as an east-west corridor, and traffic volumes will likely continue to increase. The corridor study will help develop a vision for this segment of County Road 46 that will balance the needs of all users.
The corridor study will include:
- Review of traffic operations for current and future conditions
- Development of corridor design alternatives (2-lane, 3-lane, etc.)
- Evaluation of pedestrian and bicyclist mobility and connectivity improvement areas
- Inclusion of Vermillion River Greenway enhancements
- Improvements for Vermillion River natural resources
Virtual open house #1 – Jan. 4–22, 2021
Go to the virtual open house
Complete a project feedback form
Get email updates
Sign up for project emails
Tentative project timeline
Fall 2020: Data collection
Fall 2020: Initial public input (online commenting)
Jan. 4–22, 2021: Public information meeting #1
January–March 2021: Preliminary design
Late spring 2021: Public information meeting #2