Have your taxes automatically deducted from your bank account on the due dates. Signup must be completed 30 days prior to the initial payment due date. It is not available for Manufactured Home Tax Payments.
Signing up for direct payment
To sign up for direct payment, following these steps:
1. Complete the Direct Payment Authorization Form.
2. Attach a voided check or savings withdrawal slip to the Authorization Form.
3. Mail the completed form and voided check to:
Dakota County Property Taxation & Records
1590 Highway 55
Hastings, MN 55033
Forms must be postmarked by April 15 for the first half payment or Sept. 15 for the second half payment.
4. Your property tax payments will automatically be deducted from the authorized account, according to the following schedule:
- May 15: First half of the annual tax payment or the entire amount if stated on your tax statement
- Oct. 15: Second half of the annual tax payment (non-agricultural parcels only)
- Nov. 15: Second half of the annual tax payment (agricultural parcels only)
If the 15th falls on a weekend or a bank holiday, the payment will automatically be withdrawn the following business day. Proof of payment will appear on your bank statement.
If you do not receive a one-time letter confirming your enrollment in the direct payment program at least 10 days prior to your first direct payment withdrawal, call 651-438-4576.
Canceling directed payment
Written notification to Property Taxation & Records Department is required to cancel your authorization or change your banking information. Your cancellation/change must be received by April 15 to be effective for the first half payment or by Sept. 15 to be effective for the second half payment. Notifications should be mailed to:
Dakota County Property Taxation and Records
1590 Highway 55
Hastings, MN 55033-2392