Libraries Parks

Liquor Licenses


Public Services & Revenue

Intoxicating Liquor Licenses

Under Minnesota Statute 340A.404-406, anyone who engages in the sale of intoxicating alcohol within Dakota County is required to first obtain a license.

Anyone who does not hold an on sale intoxicating liquor license is required to obtain a permit to directly or indirectly allow the consumption and display (set up) of alcoholic beverages.

Establishments within city limits
Establishments within city limits must submit applications to the municipal clerk in the city.

Establishments outside city limits
For an intoxicating liquor license for an establishment outside the city limits, applications must be submitted to Dakota County.

Please contact Public Services & Revenue at 651-438-4372 for more information.

Licenses are needed for on-sale (consumption of alcohol on the premises where it is sold) and off-sale (consumption of alcohol off the premises where it is sold) alcohol sales. A special license is needed for Sunday on-sale.

  • On-Sale: $3,500
  • Off-Sale:  $800
  • On-Sale and Off-Sale:  $3,600
  • On-Sale Sunday: $200
  • On-Sale 2 a.m. Closing: $3,200
  • Temporary License: $60


Intoxicating Liquor – On Sale 
Intoxicating Liquor – Off Sale  
2 a.m. Liquor License
Temporary On-Sale Intoxicating Liquor License Application 
License Applicant Information Form
Certificate of Compliance with Minnesota Worker's Compensation (first-time applicant)

For more information, please see County Ordinance 101 – Sale of Intoxicating Liquor.

Last updated: 4/29/2016 10:54 AM