Libraries Parks

Liquor Licenses


Public Services & Revenue

3.2% Malt Liquor License

Under Minnesota Statute 340A.403, anyone who engages in the sale of 3.2-percent malt liquor within Dakota County is required to first obtain a license.

Establishments within city limits
Establishments within city limits must submit applications to the municipal clerk in the city.

Establishments outside city limits
For a 3.2-percent malt liquor license for an establishment outside the city limits, applications must be submitted to Dakota County. Forms can be downloaded and mailed with appropriate fees to:

Dakota County Public Services & Revenue
1590 Highway 55
Hastings, MN 55033

Licenses are needed for on-sale (consumption of alcohol on the premises where it is sold) and off-sale (consumption of alcohol off the premises where it is sold) alcohol sales.
  • 3.2% Malt Liquor On-Sale: $221
  • 3.2% Malt Liquor Off-Sale:  $221
  • 3.2% Malt Liquor Temporary On-Sale: $58
  • Set-up and Consumption License: $227
  • Temporary Set-up and Consumption License: $25
Terms of license
The license runs for the period of May 1 through April 30.

Application forms
The following forms must be completed and mailed to Dakota County:

Certificate of Compliance with Minnesota Worker's Compensation
3.2MaltBeverageLicenseApplication.pdf3.2 Malt Beverage License Application

For more information, please see County Ordinance 101 – Sale of Intoxicating Liquor.

Last updated: 1/5/2015 3:02 AM