GoDakota connects people to communities by getting you where you need to go using public and private transportation services — like MetroTransit, Minnesota Valley Transit Authority and DARTS — in Dakota County.
GoDakota Transportation Resource Guide
GoDakota created free Travel Training to promote independence by helping you understand your transportation options and teaching you where you need to go.
Individual or group training is available:
- Trip Training: Comprehensive, personalized instruction to teach you how to reach specific destinations.
- Group Training: General small group training about how to use transportation options and practice skills.
- Train-the-trainer Training: Training specifically designed to provide information for teachers, case managers and others to educate their clients about transportation resources and "how to ride" information.
Transportation options training
Join us to learn about transportation resources available in Dakota County. The free one-hour sessions will provide you with information on public and private transportation resources available in Dakota County, how to plan your trip, how to ride, and payment options, including reduced fare options.
- Tuesday, June 18, 11 a.m. – Northern Service Center, Room 110A, 1 Mendota Road W, West St. Paul
- Wednesday, Sept. 25, 11 a.m. – Western Service Center, Room L139, 14955 Galaxie Avenue, Apple Valley
Thursday, Oct. 24, 11 a.m. – Northern Service Center, Room 110A, 1 Mendota Road W, West St. Paul
The Communities for a Lifetime Initiative hosts rideshare education trainings for adults age 55 and older. Rideshare services, like Lyft or Uber, can be a good option for people who can't or don't want to drive. Visit the Rideshare Training page for upcoming trainings.
For questions about the GoDakota Travel Training program or to schedule Travel Training, contact Robyn Bernardy at email@example.com or 651-554-6956.
Want to become a partner?
GoDakota is looking for partners to help improve availability and quality of transportation, support training efforts, and strategize transportation solutions. If your group is interested in joining us, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lyft Pilot Forms
Lyft Referral Form
Lyft Case Manager Checklist
Lyft Release of Information
Emergency Contact Card
Rider Training Video
This initiative is funded by the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) in partnership with Dakota County.