The Communities for a Lifetime Initiative hosts rideshare education trainings for adults aged 55+. Rideshare services, like Lyft or Uber, can be a good option for people who can't or don't want to drive. Many older adults have a smartphone but may not have tried rideshare before. The training is offered in partnership with the
GoDakota Transportation Initiative.
Participants have the opportunity to ask a wide range of questions about:
- Background checks for drivers
- How to schedule rides
- Cost of rides
- How to rate drivers
- How to tip drivers
Upcoming rideshare trainings
If you are interested in attending any of these events, please contact
Jess Luce at 651-554-6104.
- Sept. 20, 2019, 1:30–3 p.m., Northern Service Center, Room 110A, 1 Mendota Rd., West St. Paul. No registration required.
- Sept. 25, 2019, 10:30 a.m.–noon, Eagan Community Center, Lone Oak Room, 1501 Central Parkway, Eagan, MN 55121. To register, call 651-675-5500
- Oct. 11, 2019, 10:30 a.m.–noon, Northern Service Center, Room 110A, 1 Mendota Rd., West St. Paul. No registration required.
- Nov. 28, 2019, 10:30 a.m.–noon, Northern Service Center, Room 110A, 1 Mendota Rd., West St. Paul. No registration required.
View the slides from the training to get an idea about the topics covered.
For more information or to schedule a training, contact
Jess Luce, Communities for a Lifetime project manager, at 651-554-6104.
Organize a training
Community groups can schedule a training with Jess Luce, Communities for a Lifetime program manager, at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Promotional material will be made available for your training session.
See a sample flyer template.