The Office of Performance & Analysis serves Dakota County, its residents, and community partners by developing, analyzing and evaluating information to improve Dakota County’s programs and services. This work includes:
- Understanding new opportunities and trends and anticipating issues.
- Leading long-range initiatives and bridging current issues with future needs.
- Applying planning and analytical expertise.
- Measuring the efficiency and effectiveness of programs and services.
- Finding best practices and innovations to apply to programs and services.
- Serving as a data, information and research resource.
Research and analysis
The Office of Performance & Analysis coordinates or produces studies and plans that address current issues and anticipate issues.
Process improvement and program evaluation
The Office of Performance & Analysis evaluates county programs and facilitates process improvement for county business units.
Strategic and long-range planning
The Office of Performance & Analysis engages in strategic and long-range planning and research to help the county’s decision-makers.