The Library Advisory Committee has the following responsibilities:
- Maintain and develop the collection of materials available in County libraries (within the County Board approved budget)
- Review and make decisions on disputed material
- Advise the Library Director on responsibilities in the development of public programming for library services
- Develop recommended annual work plans for the Committee
- Review and make recommendations on long-range plans for the Library
- Accept gifts of up to $500 for public library purposes
- Recommend rules governing library operations
7 members; 1 citizen/district
Appointed by the Dakota County Board of Commissioners.
District 4, 2 expiring terms
Bi-monthly; 2nd Thursday; 5:30 p.m.
Meeting schedule, agenda, and minutes
Various library locations
$35 for attendance at regular and special meetings
Ben Trapskin, 651-450-2931