Dakota County has a comprehensive compensation plan designed to be flexible enough to meet the demands of the workforce.
Benefit options (Coverage effective on the first day of employment.)
- Medical (contributed to by employer)
- Dental (contributed to by employer)
- Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care and Dependent Care)
10 per calendar year and one floating holiday
Flex leave (paid time off)
Combines vacation, sick leave and funeral leave. Accrual rates per calendar year:
- 0–5 years of service: 20 days
- 6–10 years of service: 24 days
- 11–15 years of service: 30 days
- 16+ years of service: 38 days
Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Personal and crisis counseling.
PERA (Public Employees Retirement Association): Required defined benefit pension plan.
Deferred Compensation Plan: Voluntary defined contribution pension plan.
Benefits for Part-Time Employees
All regular employees working in a .50 FTE position or greater are eligible to participate in the medical plan.