Dakota County has a comprehensive compensation plan designed to be flexible enough to meet the demands of the workforce.
Benefit Options (Coverage effective on the first day of employment.)
- Medical (contributed to by employer)
- Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care and Dependent Care)
- Long-Term Care
10 per calendar year
Flex Leave (paid time off)
Combines vacation, sick leave and funeral leave. Accrual rates per calendar year:
- 0–5 years of service: 20 days
- 6–10 years of service: 24 days
- 11–15 years of service: 30 days
- 16+ years of service: 38 days
Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Personal and crisis counseling.
PERA (Public Employees Retirement Association): Required defined benefit pension plan.
Deferred Compensation Plan: Voluntary defined contribution pension plan.
Benefits for Part-Time Employees
Part-time employees are eligible for the entire benefits program. However, you must earn enough to cover the required payroll deductions. The employer contribution is pro-rated, based on the budgeted FTE.